Greetings to Those in Rome
(1) I commend to you our sister Phoebe, who is a deacon (servant) in the church at Cenchreae (Corinth’s Aegean port city). (2) I ask you to welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to help her with any needs she might have, because she has helped many people, including me. (3) Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my mission partners (ministry co-workers) in Jesus Christ. (4) They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the nations are thankful to them. (5) Greet also the church that meets in their house in Rome. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first follower of Christ in the Roman province of Asia. (6) Greet Mary, who worked very hard on your behalf. (7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They believed in Jesus Christ before I did, and are outstanding among the apostles. (8) Greet Ampliatus, my dear friend in the Lord. (9) Greet Urbanus, our ministry partner (co-worker) in Christ, and my dear friend Stachys. (10) Greet Apelles, whose commitment to Christ has stood the test. Greet those who belong to Aristobulus’ household. (11) Greet Herodion, my kinsman (a fellow Jew or possibly a family relative of Paul). Greet the members of Narcissus’ household who are in the Lord. (12) Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, these women who worked hard in the Lord. Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has worked very hard in the Lord. (13) Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too. (14) Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas, and the other believers with them. (15) Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas and all the Lord’s people who are with them. (16) Greet one another with a holy kiss (on the cheeks). All the churches of Christ send their greetings to you.
A Warning About False Teachers
(17) My brothers and sisters, I exhort you to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them! (18) For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites (bellies). They deceive the minds of naive people by their smooth and entertaining (flattering) talk.
(19) But I rejoice because everyone has heard about your obedience, and I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.
(20) The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you all!
Greetings From Those in Corinth
(21) Timothy, my mission partner, sends his greetings to you, as do Lucius, Jason and Sosipater, my fellow Jews. (22) I, Tertius, who wrote down this letter for Paul, greet you in the Lord. (23-24) Gaius, whose hospitality I and the whole church in Corinth enjoy, sends you his greetings. Erastus, who is Corinth’s director of public works, and our brother Quartus send you their greetings.
Praise to God
(25) Now to God who has the power to keep you strong in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past (during the time of the Old Testament), (26) but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might come to the obedience that comes from faith—(27) to the only wise God be praise forever through Jesus Christ! Amen (let it be)!