The River of Living Water
(1) Then the angel showed me a river of the living water, shining like clear crystal, flowing out of God’s throne and of the Lamb (2) down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, producing 12 crops of fruit, and yielding its fruit each month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
(3) No longer will there be any curse. God’s throne and the Lamb will be in the city, and God’s servants will worship and serve him. (4) They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. (5) They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun because the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign for ever and ever!
Jesus Is Coming
(6) Then the angel said to me, “These words are faithful and true: The Lord God of the spirits of the prophets sent his angel to show his servants the things that must happen soon.” (7) Jesus declared, “Behold! I am coming soon! Blessed is every person who obeys the words of this book’s prophecy.”
(8) I, John, am the one who heard and saw all these visions. So when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing these things to me. (9) Then the angel said to me, “Stop! Do not worship me, for I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with everyone who obeys the words of this book. Worship God alone!” (10) Then he told me, “Do not seal up (keep secret) the words of this book’s prophecy, for the time is near. (11) Let the evil person continue to do evil; let the perverse person continue to be perverse; let the person who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”
(12) Jesus declared, “Behold! I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done on earth. (13) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, and the Beginning and the End.” (14) Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the gates of the city of New Jerusalem. (15) Outside the city are the unclean dogs, sorcerers, the sexually immoral, murders, idolators, and all those who love and practice what is false.
(16) “I, Jesus, sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.” (17) The Holy Spirit and the bride shout, “Come!” And let the one who hears shout, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who desires receive the free gift of the water of life.
(18) I warn everyone who hears the words of this book’s prophecy: if anyone adds to them, God will give to that person the plagues written about in this book. (19) And if anyone takes away any of the words from this book’s prophecy, God will take away from that person their share of the tree of life and of the holy city—New Jerusalem—which are written about in this book.
(20) Jesus, who testifies to all these things, declares, “Yes, I am coming soon!” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! (21) The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all of God’s people. Amen (let it be).