The Wedding Supper of the Lamb
(1) After this I heard what sounded like the loud roar of a large multitude in heaven, declaring, “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, (2) because he judged the great prostitute of Babylon who corrupted the world with her adulteries. And God has avenged the blood of his servants (martyrs) that she shed.” (3) Then a second time they declared, “Hallelujah! The smoke from her destruction rises for ever and ever.” (4) The 24 elders and the four living creatures fell down in prostration to worship God who sits on the throne, declaring, “Amen, Hallelujah!” (5) Then a voice came from the throne, declaring, “Praise our God, all his servants—those who fear him—from the least to the greatest!”
(6) Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing rivers and like loud bolts of thunder, declaring, “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns! (7) Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory, because the wedding supper of the Lamb was prepared, and his bride has made herself ready! (8) The bride was given radiant fine linen—bright and clean—to wear.” The radiant linen is the righteous acts of God’s holy people.
(9) Then the angel said to me, “Write: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb! These are the true words of God.” (10) Then I fell at the angel’s feet to worship him, but he said to me, “Stop worshiping me! I am a servant of your fellow believers who are holding strong to our witness of Jesus. Worship God alone! For the witness of Jesus is the spirit of this prophecy.”
The Second Coming of Jesus Christ
(11) Then I saw heaven open and I saw a white horse. Its rider is called Faithful and True, and with justice he judges and makes war. (12) His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many crowns, inscribed with a name that no one knows except him. (13) He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his title is “The Word of God!” (14) The armies of heaven, dressed in clean and white fine linen, are following him on their white horses. (15) Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which he will strike down the nations. As it is written in Psalm 2:9, “He will rule them with an iron rod,” and he will tread the winepress of God Almighty’s just wrath. (16) On his robe and on his thigh he has a title written: “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”
(17) Then I saw an angel standing in the sun. He cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying high in the sky, “Come! Gather together for the great supper of God, (18) so that you can eat the bodies of kings, generals, the powerful, horses and their riders, all free people and slaves—the least to the greatest.”
(19) Then I saw the beast, the earth’s kings, and their armies gathered to make war against the rider on the white horse and his army. (20) And the beast was captured, along with the false prophet who performed miraculous signs on its behalf. With these miraculous signs he deceived those who had received the first beast’s mark and worshiped his statue. The two were thrown alive into the lake of fire (hell) burning with sulfur. (21) The rest of the soldiers were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the white horse, and all the birds ate their dead bodies.