Live a Holy Life
1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
(1) Finally, then, my brothers and sisters, we taught you how to live a life that pleases God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and encourage you in the Lord Jesus to live this kind of life more and more. (2) For you know what we taught you was by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
(3) It is God’s will that you should be holy, that you reject all sexual perversion and (4) learn to control your own body in a holy and honorable way, (5) not in lustful passion like the pagans, who do not know God. (6) In this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of another brother or sister. The Lord will punish everyone who commits such sins, as we told you and warned you before. (7) For God has called us to live a holy life, not a life of impurity. (8) Therefore, anyone who rejects this teaching does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
Love One Another
1 Thessalonians 4:9-12
(9) Now concerning the topic about loving one another we have no need to write to you, because God has already taught you to love another. (10) And it is true that you show love to all of God’s family throughout the Roman province of Macedonia. But we urge you, my brothers and sisters, to grow in love more and more.
(11) Make it your purpose to live a quiet and peaceful life: you should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you. (12) Living your life this way will win the respect of outsiders, and you will not become dependent on others.
The Resurrection of the Dead
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
(13) My brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about what happens to believers who die, so that you do not grieve like unbelievers who have no eternal hope.
(14) For we believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus at his coming those who have died in him. (15) According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still living at the Lord’s second coming will not precede those who have died.
(16) For the Lord will come down from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. (17) After the dead have been raised, then we who are still alive on earth will be caught up together with them in the sky to meet the coming Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever! (18) Therefore comfort each other with these words.