Carry the Burdens of One Another
(1) My brothers and sisters, when someone is led astray in a sin, you who live (are guided) by the Holy Spirit should restore that person in an attitude of gentleness. But watch over yourselves, or you also might be tempted (led astray). (2) Carry the burden (troubles) of one another, because in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ, which is love. (3) Those deceive themselves when they think they are something when they are not. (4) Each one should first examine their own actions. Then they will have reason to boast in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, (5) because each one of us must carry our own load in life. (6) However, those who receive teaching in God’s word should share all good things in support of their teachers.
Planting and Harvesting in Life
(7) Do not be deceived! God cannot be mocked. We all harvest what we plant. (8) Whoever plants to please their sinful nature (flesh) will harvest destruction; whoever plants to please the Holy Spirit will harvest eternal life. (9) Let us not become tired in doing good, because at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (10) Therefore, do good to all people whenever you have an opportunity, especially to those who belong to the family of believers (the church).
Boasting in the Cross of Jesus Christ
(11) Notice the large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand.
(12) The false Jewish teachers in Galatia, who want to impress people by their outward appearance (in the flesh), are trying to pressure you to be circumcised. They are only doing this so they can avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. (13) Not even those who are circumcised Jews obey the law, but they want you to be circumcised so that they can brag that you are like them.
(14) I will never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which this world has become dead (been crucified) to me, and I became dead to this world. (15) Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; the only thing that truly matters is the new creation (new heavens and earth). (16) Peace and mercy be upon everyone who follows this command, even upon the Israel of God.
(17) From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for my body is covered with the scars (marks) of Jesus (possibly referring to the scars produced from his numerous stonings and beatings).
(18) My brothers and sisters, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit! Amen (let it be).